Library & Academic Resources Department
Electronic Device Guidelines
- Borrowers will be required to sign an Electronic Device Agreement and leave their Staff/Student ID each time an electronic device is checked out.
- Electronic devices are for use by current library cardholders in good standing (i.e. library record is not blocked due to unpaid fines or lost materials).
- The check-out limit is one Electronic Device per person at any given time.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse to anyone who abuses the equipment or repeatedly late in returning Electronic Devices or who places the Electronic Device in the book drop.
- Library staff will verify that the Electronic device is in good working condition at the time of checkout.
- Borrower will need to complete an "Electronic Device Agreement" with each checkout, acknowledging financial responsibility for the lost or damaged equipment.
- Electronic Devices can be checked out at the Teo Soo Pin Library Circulation Counter from 8:00 am until one (1) hour before the library closes. Electronic Device cannot be returned to book drop.
- Devices must be returned 30 minutes before the library closes regardless of the time the devices were borrowed.
- Electronic Devices are checked out for 3 hours, with renewal available if no one is waiting.
- Electronic Devices must not be taken from the library.
- It is the responsibility for borrower to return the Electronic Device to Teo Soo Pin Circulation Counter as per the Electronic Device Agreement.
- Staff at the Circulation Counter will check in the Electronic Devices.
- Staff will verify the Electronic Device is in good working condition by doing a visual check.
Fines and Liabilities
- Late fines RM1.00 per hour.
- Fines will be recorded on the borrower's library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
- The borrower is responsible for full lost item fine if the Electronic Device or any parts are lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise not returned.
- If any technical problems are encountered, the Electronic Device should be returned immediately to the staff at Circulation Counter.
- If Electronic Device is 3 days overdue, it is considered lost or stolen, and the borrower will be charge for lost item fines.
Lost item fine
- The borrower is responsible for lost or damage Electronic Device, parts and accessories. The charges will be assessed based on current market price.
The Library is not responsible for
- Any liability, damages or expense resulting from use or misuse of the device, connection of the device to other electronic devices, or data loss resulting from use of device.
- Downloaded content on the protected material in any format, or transmission of threatening, harassing, defamatory or obscene materials is strictly prohibited.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse to anyone who:
- abuses the electronic device or
- repeatedly late in returning Electronic Device or
- places the Electronic Device in the book drop
- USB cable